People think that Speed and velocity brewers are the same but they are not as there is a thin line between them they are just virtually similar or I can say identical.
The difference between BUNN’s Velocity brewer and Speed brewer-
- Speed brewer by BUNN comes with a different type of spray head, totally unique, it is modified so that it can give more time to the contact between the coffee and the water.
- The second difference is the noticeable change in the shape of the filter basket, the reason behind the change is to help in pouring coffee smoothly in the carafe.
- For optimal extraction, it comes with a modified spray head
- lighting fast brews within 3 minutes
- Minumum 8 and maximum 10 cups of coffee within THREE minutes.
- For smooth pouring new, improved and modified basket
- Brews at an optimal temperature which is 200 degree
- comes with a stainless steel tank ( the internal tank )
- Highly durable
- THREE-YEAR Warranty
- you can never actually pause the brew
- there is no automatic off attribute
- The internal tank needs about five to ten min to heat up
- It just does not wait as soon as you shut its lid it starts brewing
- Some of the users complain that there is some metallic smell or plastic burning smell
This bunn brewer is compact and portable and it is a commercial brewer, it gives a moderate amount of coffee when it comes to brewing, it supports airport but does not come with one you will have to buy one on your own.
The construction is stainless steel which makes it durable.
- High quality of coffee
- Comes with TWO-YEAR Warranty
- Doesn’t come with required air pots
- Will struggle to brew advertised 14.8 L per hour
- Doesn’t function above 5,000 feet elevation
- You will need an air pot for it but it does not come with it
- can’t brew up to 14.8L per hr
- Can’t function beyond 5000 (FEET) elevation
BUNN BTX-B Thermo Coffee Brewer
This machine is invented to save your time, three minutes is all that it needs to give you a cup of amazing coffee..This brewer is actually designed for areas with high-altitude, the accent and carafe are made up of stainless steel, carafe has a vacuum as well. It has the power to brew about 50oz of coffee within Three minutes, the carafe can keep your coffee hot for about 2 hours.
- four to ten cups within 3 minutes
- vacuum installed carafe
- Spray head
- specially made for areas with high-altitude
- No Timer
- NO on and off switch
- The heater is always on
- It overflows if you do not use BUNN filters
That’s all with the Bunn brewers, the best thing about bunn brewers is that they reliable, some buyers say that their BUNN brewers survived for 15 to 20 years with proper maintenance, so once you purchase your brewer do not forget to wipe it after every use and do give your brewer deep cleaning after ever 4 months